At a recent Parent Conference, we discovered that parents realize the need to work on their own parenting skills and personal issues while their son or daughter is away from home. The following are some comments parents had to offer other parents at Shepherds Hill Academy therapeutic boarding school.
- Work on your personal issues and your relationship with the Lord.
- Work on your relationship with your spouse.
- Work on your method of parenting and interacting with your other children.
- Let your child who is at the therapeutic boarding school know things will not be the same when they return home.
- Enjoy the year they are away, and embrace your new lifestyle.